August 2007 Chemistry Regents #11-20
Highlight to reveal answers and explanations
Other Regents Exams
11 Given the balanced equation representing a
H+(aq) + OH-(aq) =>H2O(l ) + 55.8 kJ
In this reaction there is conservation of
(1) mass, only
(2) mass and charge, only
(3) mass and energy, only
(4) mass, charge, and energy
|4||all are conserver ALWAYS|
|12 Which polyatomic ion contains the greatest
number of oxygen atoms?
(1) acetate (3) hydroxide
(2) carbonate (4) peroxide
|13 Which formula represents an ionic compound?
(1) H2 (3) CH3OH
(2) CH4 (4) NH4Cl
|4||look for the polyatomic ION
(usually metal and nonmetal bonded but not here)
|14 An ion of which element has a larger radius than
an atom of the same element?
(1) aluminum (3) magnesium
(2) chlorine (4) sodium
|15 Which statement must be true when solution
(1) The solution is at STP.
(2) The solution is supersaturated.
(3) The concentration of the solution remains constant.
(4) The masses of the dissolved solute
concentrations constant rates are equal
|16 Which liquid has the highest vapor pressure at
(1) ethanoic acid (3) propanone
(2) ethanol (4) water
|17 What is the total number of different elements
present in NH4NO3?
(1) 7 (3) 3
(2) 9 (4) 4
|3||count the different CAPITAL letters|
|18 Which sample of matter is a single substance?
(1) air (3) hydrochloric acid
(2) ammonia gas (4) salt water
|2||3 are mixtures (not pure)
HCl is a compound
|19 At STP, which sample contains the same number
of molecules as 11.2 liters of CO2(g) at STP?
(1) 5.6 L of NO2(g) (3) 11.2 L of N2(g)
(2) 7.5 L of H2(g) (4) 22.4 L of CO(g)
equal volumes contain equal numbers of molecules at the same temperature and pressure
|20 A sample of gas is held at constant pressure.
Increasing the Kelvin temperature of this gas
sample causes the average kinetic energy of its
(1) decrease and the volume of the gas sample to decrease
(2) decrease and the volume of the gas sample to increase
(3) increase and the volume of the gas sample to decrease
(4) increase and the volume of the gas sample to increase
|4||avg KE is temperature
volume and temperature are directly related
|Back to Regents Exams|