August 2007 Chemistry Regents #21-30
Highlight to reveal answers and explanations
Other Regents Exams
21 Given the balanced equation representing a
Cl2(g) ==> Cl(g) + Cl(g)
What occurs during this change?
(1) Energy is absorbed and a bond is broken.
(2) Energy is absorbed and a bond is formed.
(3) Energy is released and a bond is broken.
(4) Energy is released and a bond is formed.
|1||a bond was broken, the atoms are
energy is absorbed
|22 A molecule of butane and a molecule of
2-butene both have the same total number of
(1) carbon atoms (3) single bonds
(2) hydrogen atoms (4) double bonds
|1||but- 4 carbons|
|23 Which general formula represents the homologous
series of hydrocarbons that includes the
(1) CnH2n–6 (3) CnH2n
(2) CnH2n–2 (4) CnH2n+2
|24 Which two compounds are isomers of each
(1) CH3CH2COOH and CH3COOCH2CH3
(2) CH3CH2CHO and CH3COCH3
(3) CH3CHBrCH3 and CH2BrCHBrCH3
(4) CH3CHOHCH3 and CH3CHOHCH2OH
|2||same formula different structures
|2||unsaturated (contains a double or
hydrocarbon carbon and hydrogen only
|26 Which formula represents a hydronium ion?
(1) H3O+ (3) OH–
(2) NH4+ (4) HCO3–
|27 Which compound is an Arrhenius acid?
(1) H2SO4 (3) NaOH
(2) KCl (4) NH3
|1||starts with H|
|29 Which nuclear emission has the greatest penetrating
(1) alpha particle (3) gamma radiation
(2) beta particle (4) positron
|3||most gamma, beta, alpha least|
|30 What is the mass number of an alpha particle?
(1) 1 (3) 0
(2) 2 (4) 4
|4||table O, top number|
|Back to Regents Exams|