2 Which element has chemical properties that are most
similar to those of calcium?
(1) Co (3) N
(2) K (4) Sr
3 Which element is malleable and can conduct electricity
in the solid phase?
(2) phosphorus (4) tin
4 Atoms of different isotopes of the same element differ
in their total number of
(1) electrons (3) protons
(2) neutrons (4) valence electrons
definition of Isotope
5 Which statement correctly describes two forms of oxygen,
O2 and O3?
(1) They have identical molecular structures and identical properties.
(2) They have identical molecular structures and different properties.
(3) They have different molecular structures and identical properties.
(4) They have different molecular structures and different properties.
different properties based on
6 What is the IUPAC name for the compound FeS?
(1) iron(II) sulfate (3) iron(II) sulfide
(2) iron(III) sulfate (4) iron(III) sulfide
7 Given the balanced equation representing a reaction:
F2(g) + H2(g) ==> 2HF(g)
What is the mole ratio of H2(g) to HF(g) in this
(1) 1:1 (3) 2:1
(2) 1:2 (4) 2:3
use the coefficients (the numbers in
8 Which list includes three types of chemical reactions?
(1) condensation, double replacement, and sublimation
(2) condensation, solidification, and synthesis
(3) decomposition, double replacement, and synthesis
(4) decomposition, solidification, and sublimation
chemical are NOT phase changes
9 Which type of bond results when one or more valence
electrons are transferred from one atom to another?
(1) a hydrogen bond
(2) an ionic bond
(3) a nonpolar covalent bond
(4) a polar covalent bond